Dr. Paul E. Schwaegler
Board-Certified Spine Surgeon
A native of Yakima, Dr. Schwaegler did his undergraduate work at Gonzaga University. He completed medical school in St Louis, and continued his orthopedic and advanced spine training at Loyola University Medical Center in Chicago. He has been practicing in Seattle for more than twenty years.
Dr. Schwaegler is committed to providing his patients the greatest amount of pain relief with the least amount of surgery. He is highly trained in the most innovative techniques. Which includes minimally invasive surgical techniques which speed up patient recovery, as well as motion sparing techniques, which allow improvement of symptoms without resorting to fusion procedures.
- Undergraduate Degree: Gonzaga University: Spokane, WA (1980)
- Medical Degree: St. Louis University Medical Center: St. Louis, MO (1980-84)
- Internship: Loyola University Medical Center: Chicago, IL (1984-85)
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Loyola University Medical Center: Chicago, IL (1985-89)
- Advanced Spinal Surgery Training: Loyola University Medical Center: Chicago, IL (1989-90)
- North American Spine Association
- Spinal Arthroplasty Society
- Society for Lateral Access Surgery
- Puget Sound Spine Interest Group